Pathways needs YOUR help to succeed!
Pathways is dedicated to helping Los Angeles families locate and pay for high quality child care so that families can thrive and children can be healthy, safe and ready to learn. 2009 marks the 31st year that Pathways has been helping needy children in the greater metropolitan area of Los Angeles to participate in early childhood and after-school child care programs of the highest quality. Pathways programs support families heading into the workforce, the development of the local economy, the early educational needs of our community’s children, and child care professionals.
Your support helps us to assist over 15,000 families, children, and child care providers every year
- Our Resource & Referral services help all families in SPA 4 locate and evaluate child care that is available, affordable, and of the highest quality.
- Our two Child Development Centers in Eagle Rock & West Hollywood provide early care and education services to over 100 children
- Pathways Child Development Center at Eagle Rock provides early intervention care for children with disabilities and special needs
- Our Child Care Subsidized programs help strengthen families, including CalWORKs participants, by connecting families to child care so parents can enter the workforce, get job training, or go to school
- Our Parents as Partners outreach program assists families with parent training and referrals to community resources
- Pathways Child Care Provider Training programs educate and support ccenter-based teachers, family child care providers and license-exempt providers in best practices in early care and education programs
YOUR DONATIONS AT WORK
REMEMBER: Every dollar invested in early childhood services returns ten dollars in savings from lower rates of school failure, drop-out, teen pregnancy, and juvenile delinquency!
- Your $50.00 donation will allow us to pay for and distribute a Child Development Tool-Kit to a parent
- Your $75.00 donation will provide one hour of early childhood mental health services to enable a toddler or preschool child with challenging behavior to remain in child care and be ready for kindergarten
- Your $100 donation will provide 1 hour of speech and language therapy for a language-delayed child in our early intervention program in Pathways Child Development Center at Eagle Rock
- Your $250 donation will allow us to teach 25 working parents how to support the early learning of their children at home
- Your $500 donation will allow us to provide developmentally appropriate materials to our network of over 600 family child care providers in our service area
- Your $1000 donation will help us build sensory integration activities and a speech/language learning lab for children with disabilities and special needs in our Child Development Center at Eagle Rock